Monday, November 10, 2008

TGI Fridays

Jay, Owen and I went to do a bit of bowling at Strikes, (way trendy, it felt like we were supposed to dress up and then bowl) and decided to grab a quick bite to eat afterwards. Since almost nothing is open after 9pm in San Jose, Jay suggested we hit up TGI Fridays, which is open to the wee hours of the morning (I actually have no idea when they close.) We basically got an appetizer each and shared it 3 ways. Get ready to look at some horribly fattening food. Looking at it again, it makes me feel incredibly guilty...
Spinach Artichoke dip, with multicolored tortilla chips. This is a favorite of Owen's so he had to order it. Globby, cheesy, caloric, it's all there in one bowl.
One of Jay's favorite things in the world is Irish Nachos (nachos with fries instead of using tortilla chips), but I think second favorite is loaded potato skins. Baked potatoes, split in half and hollowed out a bit, then melty cheddar cheese and bacon bits are placed on top, and you top each potato with your desired amount of sour cream and chives. These are not for the faint of heart. Actually, after eating a few of these, it can grease the arteries of your heart for a lifetime.
My order was an order of nachos, which was unlike most "real" nachos I've had here in LA. Each wedge of nacho chip had its' own spread of refried beans, cheese and one jalepeno, with guacamole, salsa and sour cream in the middle of the plate to dip. Ugh. Too much cheese. Yes, that is possible. The chips got way soggy really quickly, too.

I think I'm still digesting this meal today. And this was almost a month and a half ago when I was actually there.

TGI Fridays, various locations worldwide, but I went to:
10343 North Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 257-2050

www.fridays.com

No comments: