Monday, November 10, 2008

Dynasty Chinese Restaurant

Judy's bridal shower was at Dynasty Seafood restaurant, mainly because us bridesmaids were planning this on the fly, and wanted to choose somewhere where they'd have a private room. I tease about the name of this place, as I call it "Dy-NASTY", but it's actually okay, a bit more upscale than the usual Chinese restaurant. Anna had wanted to get dim sum, but it ended up being a banquet type meal, because we were required to spend a certain amount of money to have the private room. Ah, well, at least we get to grub on banquet food that I don't get to have very often...
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
First up was a cold appetizer platter with, starting from the right - seaweed salad, cold cut pork, jellyfish, another kind of cold sliced pork, and in the middle, little red squiddie things. Jellyfish is something I haven't had in ages, so it was a nice treat. Seaweed salad was good too.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
Seafood soup was up next, or was it sharks' fin? Or fake shark's fin? Anyways, it was tasty and seafoody, with soft tofu and those Chinese button cap mushrooms from a can. Yum.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
Everyone's favorite banquet food, Honey Walnut Shrimp. This was a pretty well done version of it, even though it looks drenched in mayo it was not too bad. I like the candied sesamed walnuts a lot too.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
This tender beef dish was a surprising win, I usually don't like the way they make beef dishes in these Chinese banquets, but this was really delicious. With a bit of rice, this was amazing. I would order this again, for sure.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
This combination veggie meat seafood dish contained sugar snap peas, thinly sliced white chicken breast meat, squid slices, carrot and mushroom slices, all cooked together in a light starchy sauce. Pretty standard banquet dish, decently done, the squid was nice and springy, and I like any form of sugar snap peas. Solid dish.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
This dish was fried fish filets with spicy salt. Pretty tasty, I really liked the spicy salt on this one, and the fish filets were yummy and free of any bones. I guess you could call them Fish McNuggets, as they were cut into bite size pieces.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
Chinese style Fried chicken, all chopped up and ready to be attacked by chopsticks. This was pretty good, actually one of the better fried chicken I've had in awhile, with nice and crispy skin, and moist chicken meat. Wish this was in front of me right now.
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
One of the more decadent dishes of the banquet was Lobster, chopped up and cooked Chinese style, with scallions and ginger. It was good but not very many people ate it, as at this point, we were all getting pretty full (there were only 8 of us, eating a banquet made for 10.) I ended up bringing home a bunch of this for my parents as leftovers, which I think they appreciated. Look at those little lobster eyes staring back at me as I eat it! I think that makes the lobster taste even better, haha...
Judy's Bridal Shower at Dynasty
A mountain of fried rice, with shrimp, charshu pork pieces, scallons and egg. Tasty, but again at this point, we were getting a bit too stuffed.

This is the cake that I had bought from La Patisserie, one of the best bakeries in the world, in my opinion. Their cakes are consistently moist, super tasty and classically pretty. My mom picked this one out - I think it was their Black Magic cake - Chocolate cake, truffle and chocolate chip fudge fillings, iced with fudge and ganache. Can there be any more chocolate on one cake?? This was super delicious, and I usually don't really like sweets. It's that good. Funny story about the personalization part - so I asked for them to write, "Happy Bridal Shower Judy" on it, and when the lady first did it, and showed it to me - it said, "Happy BRIDLE shower Judy" on it...and I had to ask her to redo it...and she had to ask someone else how to spell "Bridal". Nice!!

Anyway, I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed the food, and DyNasty was actually very good to us - but I don't think I could ever stop calling it DyNasty, it's just too much fun.

Dynasty Seafood Restaurant
10123 N Wolfe Rd
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 996-1680

No comments: