Monday, November 17, 2008

Bobbi's Coffee Shop

Back in San Jose for Judy's wedding, and stopped off for breakfast at Bobbi's Coffee shop with a few friends before heading back. Brian had never been here before! I couldn't believe it. This place has quite a soft spot in my heart, sometimes we'd come here before late date days at school. It was worth getting up early for this.

The place is pretty small, and you seat yourself. The booths are covered in old pleather (real? I dunno), the chairs are those old chairs that you see in old bingo halls. The menus are laminated, and the prices are super reasonable. A waitress asks who wants coffee...I opted out that morning, but a few of us wanted it. I chose orange juice. We made our orders and the food started piling in...
Bobbi's Coffee Shop
Owen got a pancake combo, that came with 2 pancakes, 1 egg over easy, 2 sausages and that's pretty much it. It doesn't seem like much but it was pretty filling - pancakes expand in your tummy! He liked these a lot.
Bobbi's Coffee Shop
Jay ordered a linguica special - 3 halves of linguica sausage, criss-cross cut and grilled, with 2 eggs over easy, hash browns and wheat toast. A moment to chat about the hash browns - these are the hash browns of my dreams. Every hash brown I have had, or ever had, must be compared to these hash browns from Bobbi's. They are seriously good, crunchy, crispy, potato-y, with a shot of ketchup these are a piece of heaven.
Bobbi's Coffee Shop
This is my plate of corned beef hash - corned beef hash, hash browns, poached eggs, rye bread toast. Kind of a carb fest, but I so rarely get to come here, so I went all out. This is like the perfect breakfast. Perfectly poached eggs, nice and runny, superb hash browns of course, corned beef hash that wasn't too salty, and rye bread, already buttered. I can think of nothing better.
Bobbi's Coffee Shop
Brian got something different than he usually gets "just for fun" (Brian's catchphrase when he orders something different) - biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and fruit instead of hash browns. The gravy is a sausage gravy, and it's not too salty either. This seems like a small amount of food, but once you started eating it, it was so rich and filling. Brian only ate most of one of the biscuits, and kept encouraging the rest of us to eat it. (he always does this - his enemy is carbs!) It was pretty tasty but I don't think I would order this myself. I only like biscuits and gravy a small percentage of how much I like corned beef hash.

Bobbi's is an institution to me. I hope it never closes.

Bobbi's Coffee Shop
1361 S De Anza Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 257-4040

No comments: