Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Langer's Deli

During one of my first weeks at work, I was a bit bogged down with learning the ropes, and couldn't go out to lunch one day. My coworker Zeke was headed to Langers, and promised to bring back a sandwich - and he definitely delivered! Thanks again!

I had been wanting to go here for ages - pictures of their legendary sandwiches were mouth-wateringly good, and pastrami is one of my favorite deli items. When Zeke came back with a bag and I opened it up...it was a mixture of feelings. Excitement, anticipation, joy...
Langers
First, off, the condiments. What's a sandwich without the little extras? These pickles are number 1. Seriously. Number 1. Best pickles I've ever had, ever. Right amount of sour, not too crispy or too soggy - just...perfect. And you can't have a pastrami sandwich without mustard, so a few mustard packets were in order. The pickles were packaged in an airtight package, a convenient 2 per pack. They definitely thought ahead!

Langers
Unearthing the wrapped sandwich...
Langers
...to reveal a thing of beauty. Ohh man. This looks good.
Langers
The meat was perfect. Succulent, thick, cut by hand pieces, not too salty, not too fatty. These slices were laid out on fresh rye bread, with a good crispy substantial bite to the crust. A smear of mustard from the pack, just before taking a bite - it was an EXPERIENCE. I manged to constrain myself to only eating half, and then sharing the other half with Owen when I got home, which he was extremely happy to do. Great sandwich. I really don't know what else to say. Just...awesome!

No comments: