Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hungry Fox

A visit to my friend Mike in the valley, and I took him out to breakfast to escape his house. We went around the corner to his neighborhood breakfast place, Hungry Fox. I remember coming here during the first year of college, when I was around the valley a fair amount of time. Since then, I've usually avoided going over the hill, thusly, haven't visited Hungry Fox in ages. The place is really welcoming, more of a mom and pop diner style, with mini booths and chairs. A lot of locals come here, and they tout their "homemade jam". This is what we got...
Hungry Fox
A glass of orange juice. Nothing special, I doubt it was fresh squeezed, but did the job.

Hungry Fox
Mike ordered pigs in a blanket, three pancakes with sausage rolled in the middle. He scarfed them down pretty quick so I guess they were good, I don't care for pancakes much so I didn't have a taste.
Hungry Fox
And here's the inside shot of the "pig" in the blanket. They used sausage patty instead of the usual sausage, interesting choice, I don't think it deterred much from the flavor or anything, it just makes it harder to roll up.
Hungry Fox
I felt like lunch at that point so I ordered me a gyro with fries. This was actually pretty tasty, the yogurt sauce was tasty, the gyro meat grilled again after sliced off the meat cone. Fries were crinkle cut, a fry style I enjoy. Overall, a solid lunch.

Hungry Fox is a cute little place with nice friendly folks. If anything, I'll be back for a breakfast-for-lunch if I'm in the area.

Hungry Fox
13359 Sherman Way
North Hollywood, CA 91605-4442
(818) 765-7111

No comments: