Monday, January 02, 2012

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

I like burgers a lot, as you can tell. When I heard about Five Guys trying to battle the In N Out market out here, I was intrigued - I needed to try these burgers to compare!
Five Guys Burger and Fries
Drinks after we ordered. I like that I can have unsweetened ice tea (sweetened is too sweet!)
Five Guys Burger and Fries
Their seasoned fries.  To be honest, as much as I like seasoned fries I think these were too seasoned/salty and could have been crispier.  Next time I will probably stick to just the burger.  I'm amazed at how my palate has been changing as I am edging closer to the age of 30!
Five Guys Burger and Fries
Owen's burger.  One patty, bacon and cheese.
Five Guys Burger and Fries
My burger.  I think I just got cheese.

My opinion - I still like In n out better.  I liked the customization (mushrooms!  swiss cheese!) and the size of the burger (not too big, not too small) but I honestly did not like the taste as much as I thought I would.  If I closed my eyes I would have thought it was a Carl's Jr. burger.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this does not defeat In n Out as my favorite fast food burger.  Maybe I should try it again to reassess.  

No comments: