Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sprinkles Cupcakes

My first Sprinkles Cupcake...it's like the first time you go to anywhere that has so much buzz around it, like Pinkberry. However, my first experience with these charming cupcakes were not marred with an actual trip to the Sprinkles store...it was brought right to our office! Cam's mom surprised the creative team with a bunch of cupcakes for Cam's birthday! Thanks again!

Here's a pillaged box, with a bunch of them already snatched and consumed. I love the look of these cupcakes and their "trademarked" candy circular nipple thing on top. The frosting looks so clean, and not haphazardly slapped on top. However, it's really difficult to figure out what flavors these cupcakes are. I just had to make an educated guess as to which one I wanted.
Sprinkles Cupcakes
What favors are these? I guess I won't know till I try them all...
Sprinkles Cupcakes
Notably, these set of cupcakes are frosting-less - for the more health conscious cupcake connoisseur. I BELIEVE the flavor is pumpkin. Maybe. I don't know. I only had a half of a cupcake myself.

So, WHAT cupcake did I end up having? I had a strawberry icing, vanilla cake cupcake. And dang, was it good. Flecks of strawberry laced the icing, it was a light flavor, but in the end, a cupcake is a cupcake, and it was sugary as hell. I'm more of a fan of subtle desserts (like fruit flavors, or something sweet but not TOO sweet), but you have to try everything once.

I didn't get a picture of MY cupcake, but Mark offered to display a cupcake he was eating:

Sprinkles Cupcakes
As displayed perfectly by his palm. It's a chocolate sprinkles, chocolate frosting and vanilla cake cupcake. I really like the shape of this cupcake - the sprinkles liberally rolled onto the frosting, the texture it creates. It's a good look.
Sprinkles Cupcakes
And here's a cross section of the cupcake, after a bite has been taken. Look how thick the layer of frosting is - it's a BIG mouthful of creamy sugar. The cake itself is moist enough, but I prefer a moister batter than this.

The cupcakes live up to the name and hype, but I admit I'm not the best judge of cupcake character. Every once and awhile is good though...

No comments: